Saturday 14 November 2009

Wilder Ranch and breaking the 9min mile

I had the sweetest thing happen on my run today.  I went to do a 7 miler through Wilder Ranch (which is this lovely State Park that offers expansive views of the ocean, grassy meadows and winding trail runs through the trees).  I was literally trudging up a rather steep incline when a guy on a bike comes flying down the hill, big grin, puts out his hand and we high five on his way through.  Way cool and completely inspirational. So glad as I was going to turn around but kept going and discovered the most delightful track.  Then as I hit the end of the downhill I look across to a trail nearby to a woman on a mountain bike grinning at me - we'd met in the carpark way back when i.e. before I'd run 5miles and she'd biked I don't know how many - sweet interactions with folk!  
Best achievement of the week.  I did my standard 3.8 miler and hit 8:49min miles.  This is amazing because when I first started that run it took me over an hour, now I can do it in a little over 34mins....wow.  

1 comment: