Saturday 12 December 2009

On to new things

Moving along.  My first race is done and there will never be another first.  Well yes I guess there will be the first half marathon then the first marathon but now I have done my very first race I at least have some idea what happens. Case is wasting no time.  Today I ran 9 miles....in a thunderstorm complete with lightening.  It was all okay, my focus was on distance not time but I did it in 1hr 26mins, which was better than I had expected.  Toward the end my right knee started to ache a little - I am completely paranoid about injuries now, I haven't got long until the half in Feb and in-between I am going to Vegas so will have to spend a hideous week only being able to run on the treadmill, which I have decided I dislike intensely as it seems really hard on my body.  
On a sweet note, over the last months Case has commented that my legs are very strong. We have been doing these hideous exercises that involve leaping onto a box.  It's really all about having explosive muscle power, or some such thing.  Anyway this week he had me literally jumping onto a box just below my waist height!  Honestly if you'd told me I'd ever be able to go from flatfooted to leaping that high anytime before Tuesday at 7pm I would have laughed you out of the room.  Just because he's Case he also had me do 5 of them after I had already completed 20 jumps on the medium box and don't go thinking getting my toes on the edge was enough either - hell no, gotta land in the middle on top of the box!  I got a high five out of it and a few claps from the audience....sweetly gratifying!

No comments:

Post a Comment