Monday 14 September 2009

Gidget gadgets make you run faster

Well maybe they don't make you run faster but they do help you track how far and fast you run......they also track calories but that is a bitter disappointment. You have to run/exercise a whole lot more than you think to burn off a descent amount of calories - so best solution is to eat less!
Over a year ago everyone at work got given a Nike Sportsband. It's a very cool device that lets you record how far and fast you run. You then download the info onto your own personal webpage. You can also make comments on your run and set targets. You can look at info in a variety of ways, either showing all your runs or each individual run, letting you check how fast you ran each mile.Enough to say that for 12 long months this gadget sat idyll, it is now my new best friend that keeping me honest and focused! The "chip" with the tick on it fits into a special pocket in a Nike shoe or, if you are me, a specially designed pouch that I attach to my shoelaces. Simple, lightweight and no programming required (well maybe a little bit of calibration). Once I got the hang of it I was able to start recording both my road/track runs and time on the treadmill. Keeps me very happy watching my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment