Thursday 17 September 2009

Personal Training Day

As part of this crazy dream I got myself a personal trainer through the gym (24hr Fitness).  Case is a sweet 22 year old who aspires to be a nurse.  Funny I don't really think of him as 20 years younger than me - I guess I seem very "old" to him!  Mostly I see him as the boss, for the 50 minutes twice a week I spend with him.  He cuts me no slack, unfailingly working me hard. When you have a PT there is no cheating nor pretending you are doing better than you are.   There is also no such thing as an "easy" day - even when he says it will be....it's really just a different kind of hard.  Today was one of those days.  We did circuits; upper body exercises then 1 min cardio on the bike, then started all over again - it hurts and I am stubborn and my body tries to keep up!
To add to the pain every few weeks we do a weigh in and body fat test - so far I am trending in the right direction.  It's all worth it though because I feel my body changing and I feel fitter.  
No pain no gain, it's probably the one "truth" I've held for years that I haven't questioned. 

1 comment: