Saturday 19 September 2009

Sometimes you're on and sometimes......

I think forever I've largely ignored my body or thought of it as inconveniently rotund (I still don't accept any notion that I might be on the short side).  Training is bringing a new focus to, not only the totality of this thing that houses my mind, but individual parts as I try to get everything aligned to create something like a running machine!  Thursday's training was tough, Friday I thought I would try the 6 miler again - challenge 1. body feels weary, challenge 2. going to the State Fair so have to run at 4pm....still way too hot outside.  Ended up giving it a shot but conceded at 3 miles that this wasn't all coming together. Woke up bright and early, today (Saturday) and promptly started surfing around running websites an Amazon.com looking for books and inspiration.  Decided it was a gym day (cardio and core strength....CS requires a whole entry all its own, I'll get to that another time).  Body still a little weary but did spend a lovely sweaty 30mins on the Stairmaster (fatburn, lovely terms they use), did some core exercises then spent 30mins on the bike doing cardio, finished with core exercises.  All of which was thoroughly enjoyable, so today is one of the days where "sometimes it all comes together".

No comments:

Post a Comment