Wednesday 30 September 2009

Upping the stakes

I've just agreed to move to three sessions a week with Case. The hardsell is that I get three free sessions if I complete 12 sessions in October.....of course we know that all comes out in the financial wash when I end up buying more sessions earlier. That said, it's a great idea as it will accelerate my training hugely (I don't really care about the economics of it, but can't help but think through the business math of it). I've lost 7lbs and Case wants me to lose 7 more in October - yikes, can't remember last time I would have been that size. The goal has never really been to lose weight but it seems to be coming together as a package so I'm not fighting it.
Case has discovered new levels of torture. Once a week he gets me on the treadmill and has me run as hard as I can for 1 mile. Last night was the first time we tried this, see already I see it as the norm - "we" had already run for 5 mins up hill on the treadmill!).....new levels of pain. I did do under 10mins (9.36), which I hope I will one day look back on and laugh saying "was I ever that slow" - okay so trying to boost myself, I did work hard for it though. He didn't stop there, that was a mere half way through my alloted 50mins...we carried on with other exercises! At the end of the session he declared he was "very happy" with my progress, which made me feel ridiculously happy........

No comments:

Post a Comment