Saturday 26 September 2009

What a difference a week makes

I can't claim to really understand why or how Case mixes up my training days with him. Some days it's obvious and I'm either doing upper or lower body, always with "intervals". Intervals are little torturous moments where I either get on the treadmill or bike and he has me running/biking inclines at various speeds. They can last anywhere between 1.5 to 3mins (although he did put me through one very long 5mins). Now I've read enough to know intervals are the key to getting stronger and faster and achieving your goals or not....or so it seems. Friday I went for another 6 miler. While it would be going too far to say it was a "breeze" it was remarkably different from any of my other runs. I really did feel 100% stronger, my legs carrying me with ease and comfortably able to keep my body in line - it was lovely. It's these moments that keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment